In playa del Carmen
A wide array of options Playa del Carmen has everything: it is a city with a Mexican-Caribbean flair, and at the same time has all the imaginable ambiances. You will notice it in the many delicioius cuisines that you will find, Mexican, Maya, Italian, Argentinean, Chinese, Thai…
And in the entire Riviera Maya you will find archaeology, nature, water activities and much more. We have tours to:
- The majestic archaeological sites, such as Tulum, Cobá and Muyil, in the Riviera Maya, as well as Chichen Itza ―one of the new seven wonders of the modern world―, Uxmal and Ek Balam, in the neighbor state of Yucatán. There are one-day excursions that takes you to each site.
- Our famous Riviera beaches, like Mamitas as well as our beach club
- Sport fishing, scuba diving and snorkel
- Swimming with dolphins. There are dolphinariums in Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Xcaret, Puerto Aventuras and Cozumel
- Visit the biosphere reserve of Sian Ka’an
- The islands Holbox, Isla Mujeres, Contoy and Cozumel
- The famous themed eco-parks of the Mexican Caribbean: Xcaret, Xel-Há, and Xplor
- The Route of the Cenotes (natural wells) and the underground natural parks, like Río Secreto (secret river), Kantunchi and Aktunchen
- The Golf Circuit of Mexican Caribbean, with more than 12 magnificent world-class courses created by famous architects and designers
- Extreme sports, as rappel and zip-line
- Exciting tours in the jungle and the beach, horseback or on ATB’s
- Shopping tours to eclectic Playa del Carmen or cosmopolitan Cancún
- And many other attractions.
Lido Beach Club
This beachfront escape offers a taste of Playa del Carmen’s laid-back and eclectic roots. Stay the day away on a breezy bar swing as you enjoy the Caribbean Ocean’s ‘seven shades of blue’. Cool off savoring one of our famous cocktails or an ice-cold cerveza.
Our three varieties of comfort lounge seating, will ensure that no surface goes unbronzed. And for the shade seekers, take refuge under one of our many private palapas.
Lido’s chef will satisfy your vacationer’s appetite with an inspired selection of international fare. Don’t forget to ask your courteous waiter about the daily specials.
Breakfast on the beach $5.00 usd.
Special events all year around.
Towels and sun chairs free for guests.
Activities in Riviera Maya
What to do and where to go…
It’s amazing the number of activities that can be conducted in this small paradise. Since having a peaceful rest comfortably at the edge of the beach, until incredible travel spots, full of magic and adventure, swimming, fishing and find yourself with nature in all its splendor.
Its name means in Maya “wall”, is the only walled Mayan city and it is built in the top of a cliff facing the incredible turquoise sea of the Mexican Caribbean. This site is the icon of the Maya culture in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo. Its beach possesses incredible soft, White sand. At Cobá is located the Nohoch-Mul, the highest pyramid on all the Yucatán Peninsula.
Means in Maya “mouth of the well of the itzáes”, where itzá is a kind of priest. It was one of the great Maya ceremonial centers. Here is the famous Kukulcán Pyramid, also known as The Castle (where it’s seen ―during the spring and autumn equinoxes― a wonderful light and shadow effect: the Kukulcán descent), the Astronomical Observatory, the Temple of the Thousand Columns, the Pok Ta Pok or ball game and the Sacred Cenote.
Means in Maya “jaguar star” and is important due to the magnitude of the buildings and the large number of structures in the surroundings. It has some peculiar, as its four “sac-bés” or white roads, departing toward the four cardinal points. It features in the Center a structure of over 30 m height, known as The Tower, from which you can view the entire site.